I came home after the usual eight hours of work but happy because weekend is ahead. It was 1:30 AM already but since tomorrow I will be busy most of the day with one of my favorite activities (the snooker tournament that I was talking in my first post) I decided to make a quick dish for tonight and to save some for tomorrow also.
I had some frozen codfish in the freezer and was just thinking what to make fast so I can could cook it and eat it in the next 30 minutes when I realized I have a variety of frozen vegetables and some spring rolls.
So here it is, my first dish shared with you:
Codfish With Vegetables And Vegetable Spring Rolls
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 3 fillets of codfish
- 6 Vegetable Spring Rolls
- Frozen Vegetables: Green Beans, Carrots, Pea and Corn
- Spices: Marjoram, Basil, Pepper, Chilli and a bit of Salt
- Palm Oil
- Season the codfish fillets with salt, pepper,chilli and roll them in flour.
- Heat a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add oil then the codfish and season it on one side with basil. Cook them for about 3 minutes then turn the fillets on the other side and season with marjordam -usually I use only one of the 2 spices basil/marjordam but I just love them both:). When the fish is ready take it out and fry the spring rolls in the same pan for about 2 minutes on each side.
- For the vegetables I have used my ‘Dry Cooker’ but you can use any pan. I added very little oil and let the vegetables to steam for about 7 minutes.